Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Sewing Machine

A lovely lady posted an older model Singer machine on RowanRecycle. She wanted you to e-mail her with your favorite Christmas memory. I had to think fast and get mine in...here's what won (yay!):



Oh I would love this! I have been wanting to learn to sew so badly.

Ok, so my best Christmas memory is this (and I am sure there are many, possibly better ones, but I thought of this first):

My mother has always been the only one to buy our Christmas gifts. My father is a wonderful father but he's not really into shopping-you know the type??!! Well one year, I think it was the year before we moved down here from NY, my father decided to go out and get each of us 3 children a gift. I still don't know to this day why he chose that year. I got a mouse that had velcro arms hugging a baby mouse. They were even wrapped. It meant so much to me that he had chosen that present especially for me. As you can tell I am definitely a daddy's girl :) Anyways, I know this probably means more to me than is being portrayed in this email but it mostly comes from just knowing the man I am speaking of!

Thanks for considering me...I think it is wonderful you are wanting to pass along this machine-I promise to love it! Maryann


I really do hope to learn how to sew sometime in the very near future. I promised to make the woman that gave me the machine something, although I told her I didn't know just how far in the future that would be and could not make any promises as to the quality of what she might receive!

As for crocheting, I now have one baby blanket and one scarf going. The scarf started getting a little wonky in shape (beginners trial and error I suppose!) so I got bored and started on the blanket.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Yay for winning the sewing machine! I have one and can only sew straight lines. So that means I can sew napkins and bandanas and table runners! lol