Wednesday, December 24, 2008

I go bye-bye!

Gone are the days of getting great shots of Alexis. She is just too fast and too impatient. Out of 100 clicks of the camera you are lucky to get 5 good shots. So I decided to press my luck and schedule a time to get some Christmas portraits of her done. I should have stuck with my gut instict. To start things off, for the first time in 2 years she had a bad hair day! The child has never had static like she did this day, her pigtails stuck out like she had stuck her finger in a light socket and then when I went for the hair-down option, she looked like a wild mess. I felt like a stage mom when I used my best friend Lisa's hair iron to try and straighten her hair. It still didn't do much good. So we head to Portrait Innovations. Had never been there, went on recommendation and b/c it was going to be cheaper than the regular photographer I like, oh and b/c they could get me in on such late notice!

In the 5 minute ride from Lisa's house to PI Alexis falls asleep-this isn't good. I get there and wake her up. It is a mad house in there. Kids and parents running everywhere. Alexis makes some friends with about 2 other children her age all of who have the "MINE" complex over the legos. Finally it is our turn (about 30 minutes after our appt. time). We go in. There is the photographer and her friend with the dog on her head which is supposed to entertain my child. Alexis says "NO!" and tries to bolt. This is repeated oh 10 times with Lisa and I catching her and bringing her back. Finally she is in the photographer's face, (who is on the floor at her level) crying and saying "No, no. I go bye-bye please." It was so sad and a little fustrating I might add.

We have an appt. on friday to try once more. I hope next year is easier.

No comments: