Thursday, January 1, 2009

It's triple time...

Oh the things that excite us as we age! I can truly say, though, that I do love the triple coupon events at Harris Teeter. I had all my little packets of 20 coupons together plus my little back-up piles should they be out of any items and my lists.

I got up quietly as to not wake Alexis and Jose Luis and arrived at my local HT at 7am (opening hr.). Miraculously the Coupon Nazi Managers weren't there this time so I got to go through with 2 orders. Oh I was high on life! My 2nd load was comprised of 24 Gerber Preschool meals...paid 20 cents! How can you not get a jump in your step when you get good deals like that???

I then met up with my friend at the HT in another town where we got an order, plus some good meat deals. Then we both traveled to another HT about 2 miles from there. I had a great time. It was also fun shopping with her, we must have went all over each store about 20 times: back and forth between aisles and sharing coupons. It was a blast!

I unfortunately made the horrible mistake of meeting my husband and father for lunch afterwards with my daughter who had been in a cart and truck all morning as she did NOT want to sit and enjoy a nice lunch! That was a stupid move on my part.

No comments: