Monday, January 19, 2009

I'm a part of history.

I am very excited to watch the innauguration tomorrow. Do you realize what a great part of history we will all be? My grandchildren will listen to me in awe as I tell them about this election year. Whether you are for change or not (lol) you can't deny the fact, in my opinion, that our country is moving forward. We are no where near a level of acceptance I wish to see in my lifetime but man have we come a long way. I honestly get emotional thinking of the hope that exists for so many with the changes that are inevitably coming for our country. While I have beliefs that aren't 100% in line with all that is reported to be "in the works", I trust that God will continue to have his hand over our country and will allow that which He desires. I hope that my child will grow up in a world that is consistantly becoming more accepting and positive than mine, that we don't stifle our growth as a country.

*stepping off of soap box*

The other big news reported for tomorrow: POSSIBLE snow here in NC! If you peruse Facebook updates, pretty much every one is related to the forecast. Do I believe it? No. Did I go out and stock up on milk and bread? No. However, do I really really hope deep down that it snows? YES. So I will be up bright and early looking out the window praying to see mounds of white snow. I know Alexis would just have a blast out there and I would love a cozy day indoors with the family. We'll see....

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Bread and milk? You're not one of THOSE people are you??? Maybe I should reexamine our friendship. :)

Mariana said...

Girl! I said "no"!