Friday, January 9, 2009

5 days!

I have now been 5 days without caffeine! Can you believe it? Me, either. The headaches have now subsided. I feel like a complete idiot b/c as I was lamenting the complete loss of pop and my morning coffee I suddenly realized I could order a DE-CAF low-fat Caramel Macchiato! I have never exercised that option. I actually made sure I had some extra time this morning to stop at Starbucks on the way to work.

This is also the 5 day anniversary of "eating good." I have noticed that as each day has passed, the urge to snack is decreasing. This is such good news. Monday I ate well all day then was sooo hungry that night. I am so glad that I stuck with it though and am proud of myself. Now, just waiting on seeing some results! I am a non-weigher for the moment. Why do that to myself over and over? I have a pretty good idea of where I am at and am trying to hold off stepping on a scale; hoping to ward off the obsession of that as long as I can. I have also been exercising some each night. While it isn't anything grand or worthy of really speaking of, at least it is a committment to something. That's how I am choosing to view it anyways ;)

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Woohoo! 5 days! I'm so proud! I gave up caffeine a year or so ago and now if I drink a soda it's like crack in a can!

Julianna said...

way to go lady!!! You can do it!