Friday, February 27, 2009

Where is she?

My little girl, that is. It's so bitter-sweet. I can't believe how much Alexis is growing. She is talking up a storm and the things that she picks up on and reacts to are so fascinating. We spend every night in laughter, just enjoying our daughter. I never tire of talking about her. I have to try and reel myself back in sometimes so that I don't overdo it! She's just so cool. LOL.

I don't want to jinx myself and say that normalcy may be in sight for all of us but it does feel like finally we are in a good groove. I can't wait to begin to actually plan things again for the weekends, etc. The past month has just been about getting everyone well, adjusting to new schedules and trying to keep the house clean meanwhile! While my daily schedule is totally different than just a year ago, I am happy with where my life is and the direction it is going. Now if only I could get rid of this stupid baby weight that still haunts me. Guess *everything* can't be perfect!

I am real excited about a new opportunity that has been made available at my job as well. It is a little bitter-sweet since I have really grown to enjoy the "mini-group" I directly work with and although I won't be deserting them all together, this new opportunity changes things up. I have to follow my heart and what I feel is a better move for me though. I can't wait to have more direct patient care. You know, I really didn't realize how much this job would make me miss nursing. I didn't have a clue. If I am honest I was looking at *working* as nothing more than something that would make some extra cash; I wasn't looking for something that would be emotionally draining or anything like that. Now I am beginning to look at it like if I am working why NOT love it too? I see myself beginning to challenge myself more...my view on what I thought was my view is being refocused.

Now I'm off to enjoy some quality time with the family. I couldn't sleep last night and was up super early with something heavy on my mind. Luckily that has been taken care of today and now I can hopefully get some rest. I sure need it-tomorrow is Cleaning Day!

1 comment:

Julianna said...

I miss you so much!!!! Hope all is well (and I totally understand the self-imposed internet limit).

I think you'd be an excellent nurse -- have you thought about L&D???