Tuesday, February 24, 2009

It's only been 23 days!

How do I recap the past 3 weeks? Well, let's see...2 of them were mostly spent with me or Alexis being sick. I think that I have successfully contracted every illness that every child in Rowan County brought to the office to share with me. Lets just say there is no skipping the Vit C or my immune defense tonic AT ALL! As an added bonus Alexis' immunity should be getting a boost as well (oh and my mom's too!). It was a miserable 2 weeks but I made it through.

So the first week I was literally too weak, sick and tired to even get on the internet. Then the 2nd week something happened with it. You know every. freakin. time. I have to call AT&T they don't know what's going on and send someone out who really doesn't know what else is going on...it just gets old. Oh and couple that with the fact I am almost in tears after 3 hrs of getting no where on the telephone....long story short...thank God for the Blackberry. Am now using my phone as my modem. AND if it wasn't for my Blackberry I don't know how the rest of the world would have been able to keep up with my thoughts and feelings via my Facebook updates...haha.

Something interesting happened though during "my break" from the world wide web. I actually didn't miss it too much. I did miss some of the communication with my friends and there were times when I would want to do some things or order something and I wasn't able to immediately do so but the time I got to spend with my family really made me not miss it. I have decided to impose a *limit* (if you will) on the amount of time I am on-line. I had begun to feel I lived on the computer and that just isn't or wasn't healthy for any of us. Plus, my house has looked a little cleaner and that makes me feel so much better!

Of course it also did make me realize how many things I rely on the internet for. I had to find the phone book (gasp!), I usually just look up a # on the computer...I had to pay bills over the phone (gasp!) and then of course, as if I didn't really already know that Salisbury lacks a lot...there are many things I am interested in and/or products I like that I can only find on-line. All in all it has been weird being back on the computer. It is so daunting the amount of messages in my inbox!

No comments: