Sunday, February 1, 2009

Busy week.

It's been a week since I've blogged and that is b/c I've been tired! It is a "good tired" I suppose, though. I started my new job on Monday. At my old job I was mostly sitting all day long and the day seemed to drag on forever. At my new job I am mostly on my feet all day and the day goes by so quickly. So the tiredness comes from my poor feet that are made to support my big butt all day long! By friday I wasn't near as tired when I got home so that is a good sign that I am getting used to the new fast pace.

I have something that I really want to blog about but don't have all my thoughts together on how I want to say it but it is something that has really come more to light at my new job. Basically just the way people treat other people. I will say this: I am a true believer that you should be kind to others. I don't mean a "fake" kind either. I decide in the morning that I am going to put a smile on my face and treat everyone in the way that I would want to be treated. Try it. You'd be amazed at the response you get from others! I can tell the difference when I get in a negative place...I attract negative people and reactions from others. The biggest change I have seen in my life is truly learning to embrace others and *kill them with kindness.* My heart breaks when I see people around me thinking that they are better than others simply b/c of their position or race or wealth, etc. I learned a long time ago that I can't change the whole world, but I have found myself praying each night that hopefully I can be an example to others with just my actions and that God gives me the strength to always keep that smile on my face b/c some days it is really very difficult!

In other news: Oh my, Miss Alexis is a talking machine! Jose Luis and I just sit back and watch her and interact with her with laughter and amazement. She is quite the handful and very independent. I love hearing the new phrases she comes up with daily. I just love her so much and am so lucky. Her new "thing" last week was saying, "I promise" after every request she has. She also is starting to get a sense of humor, for example she would call me "Papi" and just found it hilarious when I would tell her that I wasn't Papi, "Yo soy Mami"! It is so amazing to watch children's thought processes develop. I am just loving this time with her.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

You are such a good person with a huge heart. xoxo

Julianna said...

I'm with you MW :) Treat people the way you want to be treated.